Netflix second Korean binge zombie drama “Kingdom” is all set for its ultimate second season. The producers of the series confirmed the release date and renewal status of Kingdom season 2. Kingdom season 1 is a great hit as a Zombie binge drama.
Kingdom Season 1 Storyline:
A Korean prince goes on a mission for investigating outbreak that is threatening his kingdom. The kingdom defeated by the corruption and famine has only hope of prince. Can the prince disclose the evil scheme and save his people where the rumor of king’s death is spreading?
Kingdom Season 1 Overall Conclusion:
Kingdom is a best zombie drama because the series ratchets up the horror aspects of its undead. Season 1 of Kingdom dares to show that zombies are not only just 20th and 21st century phenomenon. The creativity used in storytelling is simply mind blowing and wonderful. Excellent writing, wonderful acting by the stars made the show even more binge to watch. Also, the series is totally stunning in terms of visual aesthetics. The series does right by its genre and adds spine-chilling surprises to set itself apart from many like it.
Good acting, believable costumes, lovely cinematic and the monster mixes into a wonderful time that makes this series watching. The idea to place zombies in Korean middle ages changed the whole perspective of the show. The following idea is a direct contrast to most zombie film we see today. Most of the audiences even reviewed the series as Korean Game of Thrones. The pace of the show is perfect even from the beginning till the end. The tension of the shots is obvious at every angle. The twists in the plots is totally unexpected. Every episode is full of action and there’s no dull moment. In short term the series gives addiction to its finest.
Creators of the series: Kim Seong-hun, Kim Eun-hee
Stars of the series: Ju Ji-hun, Bae Doo-na, Seung-ryong Ryu
Released Date: 25th January 2019
Number of episodes: 6
IMDb Rating: 8.3 out of 10
Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 86%
Audience Common Review for Kingdom season 1:
- Most of the viewers said that the battles are the Koreans version of Game of Thrones.
- Audience also felt this series as a combination of, ” Train to Busan, Walking Dead, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, Warm Bodies and World War Z”.
What audience wanted from the Kingdom series?
- Most of the audience wanted to see a stronger female characters as the series is very male dominated.
- Audience wanted more of the show as only half of the answers were provided with only six episodes. They wanted much more than six episodes.
Kingdom Season 2 Status and Release Date:
Netflix renewed the Korean drama for second season and confirmed the production to begin from February 2019 for Kingdom season 2. Any official date regarding the premier for Second season of Kingdom has not been provided till date. Netflix CEO Reed Hastings in his interview said, “Kingdom season 2 is coming and it will be in production from February 2019”. The interview took place in Singapore on November 8, 2018. The interview took place more than two months before the first season of Kingdom was released. The new season will drop either in late 2019 or the earliest of 2020 depending upon the production speed. The Korean website KoreanFilm.or.kr also confirmed the same news.
What will be new in Kingdom Season 2?
- The new season will drop with same number of episodes as of first season with only six episodes.
- Park Byung Eun and Kim Tae Hoon will return for the second season of Kingdom.
- We will also see the crown prince fighting to save his country.
- Supporting cast members expected to return for Kingdom season 2 include Kim Sang-ho as Moo-yeoung, Heo Joon-ho as An Hyun, Jeon Seok-ho as Jo Beom-pal, Kim Hye-jun as Queen Cho, and Kim Sung-kyu appears as Yeong-Shin
- Audiences will also get the answers for most of the questions from Kingdom season 1.
If you haven’t watched a trailer yet, you can watch it here below: